Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink review

I am a blusher fanatic. Amongst others. So I was really excited at adding a Milani Baked Blush (my first) into my collection after seeing so much of it being reviewed online. Part of my SGDrugstore mini haul, I got the shade Dolce Pink for RM43.

Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink: side view, with its protective seal

Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink: Comes with a little brush under the pan

Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink : Top view

Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink: Swatch
The packaging is somewhat flimsy; the plastic feeling a bit frail, hence not something I foresee can be banged about in my handbag or chucked in higgledy piggledy like my other makeup stuff. The brush underneath is a handy plus if you're desperately without a brush when on the move, as long as the actual packaging survives being carried around.

I was so so excited at getting this blush. It looked sooo pretty in the pan. But while unwrapping the plastic seal and flipping over the pan to check the brush underneath, my finger accidentally dug in a little at a corner of the blush. Just a little.

And I was surprised to find that it was all powdery soft, not what I expected a baked blush to be. And so that little corner was dented. Haish.

And then when I swatched it proper, while I expected it so to be somewhat similar to Nars Orgasm, the powdery consistency again threw me off. The glitter in the blush appears a bit too big and the weirdest part is the colour itself doesn't seem to stick. So that pretty pink colour just doesn't seem to stick on to the skin but the glitter. It just looks a tad harsh.

Am kinda disappointed with this product, after all my expectations of it. For that price, I might as well get a Bourjois pot blush for cheaper.

Comments

Popular Posts